Effective Date: January 11, 2016
Last Updated: December 31, 2019
By using the Site or Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy and our Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated here by reference. If you do not agree, you must refrain from using the Site or Services.
1. What Data We Collect
We collect information from you that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your household (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include publicly available information in government records or any data that has been deidentified, aggregated, or otherwise anonymized.
We collect and use different kinds of Personal Information about our commercial property tenants for different reasons depending on how you interact with us, but generally this includes:
• Personal identifiers: for example, name, driver’s license or state ID number, social security number, email address, postal address, or phone number.
• Demographic data: for example, age, gender, and marital status.
• Financial data and credit worthiness: for example, information about your assets, income, bank account number, bankruptcy history, credit score, employment information, financial history, and other billing information.
• Social media interaction: if you choose to engage with us on social media platforms, for example Twitter or Facebook, we may collect or receive information about your profile, gender, age, online activity, and the location or region you are in. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users interact with us on social media and information about you is visible to us, for example the fact that you are “friends” or other public-facing profile information. Please note that to the extent you provide your information through any social media sites, we do not control those social media providers and are not responsible for how they treat your Personal Information. Instead, you should look to those sites policies and practices to learn more or exercise your rights.
2. How We Collect Data
We collect Personal Information directly from you when you provide it to us through the Site or Services. For example, when a commercial property tenant completes an application to lease office or warehouse space, or if you contact us.
3. How We Use Data
We use the data we collect for the following purposes:
• Operating our business: for example, to provide the Services, process transactions, and maintain commercial property tenants’ accounts.
• Communicating with you: for example, to respond to your questions or requests or to send you news about promotions or updates.
• Marketing and advertising: for example, to send you promotional messages and deliver advertisements about offers that may be interesting to you on our behalf or on behalf of our partners.
• Improving our Site and Services: for example, to better understand how users interact with our Site or the kinds of Services that our commercial property tenants find valuable, which allows us to continually improve and expand the Services.
• Securing and operating the Site: for example, to detect and prevent abuse, fraud, or other unlawful or unauthorized activities.
• Enforcing agreements: for example, to ensure our commercial property tenants fulfill their contractual obligations to us or to resolve disputes that may arise.
• Complying with legal requirements: we may use or disclose your Personal Information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
4. When We May Share and Disclose Data
We do not provide your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you authorize or request us to do so. We do not intend to sell your Personal Information to third parties without providing you notice and an opportunity to opt out.
We share your Personal Information with the following categories of vendors and business partners:
• Service providers: for example, vendors who enable us to run the Site and provide our Services like processing transactions or hosting and maintaining your information.
• PS Business Parks family of companies: We may share your data with our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
• Marketing and advertising providers: for example, companies who help us analyze how you interact with the Site or the Services, improve our offerings, and send you relevant advertisements.
• Promotions and special offers: for example, PS Business Parks may offer promotions or other special offers, and if you choose to participate your information may be disclosed to co-sponsors and other third parties who help to provide the promotion or offering.
• Public authorities, courts, or parties to a dispute: for example, if we need to respond to a regulatory investigation, valid court order, or other legal demand to comply with our legal obligations and enforce or defend our rights.
• In corporate transactions: for example, if we need to transfer Personal Information as part of an actual or proposed organizational transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, or dissolution, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
• Social media providers: for example, if you choose to engage with us on social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, those social media providers may collect and use your Personal Information.
6. What Choices You Have
You have certain choices about how we collect, use, and share your data.
• Communications choices. You can choose whether you receive promotional messages from PS Business Parks and which types of messages. If you receive promotional messages from us and would like to opt out, you may do so by following instructions within those messages.
• User information. You can access, edit, or remove information in your user account by contacting us using any of the methods described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Policy.
• Location data. You can choose not to share certain location data by adjusting the settings on your device. Please note, however, that if you choose not to share this data, you may not be able to access or use location-based Services.
• Third-party services. If you choose to interact with us on social media platforms or other third-party services, you may be able to limit sharing your Personal Information through your account setting within those platforms or services. We cannot control and are not responsible for how third parties use your information. Instead, you should look to those third parties’ policies and practices to understand how they treat your personal information or to exercise your rights.
7. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have additional privacy rights that are explained in the section on Your California Privacy Rights.
8. Children and Minors
The Services are intended for commercial property tenants and similar business clients and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13). We will delete any Personal Information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of thirteen (13) as required by applicable law.
9. Storing Data
We retain Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other necessary purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
This Policy is reviewed and updated annually or as needed to ensure it accurately reflects our practices. If these changes are material, we will post any changes on this page and take reasonable steps to notify you. By continuing to use our Site or Services, you agree to the updated terms.
11. How to Contact Us
If you have a questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us by any of the following methods:
• Mail: PS Business Parks, Inc., Attention: Privacy Officer, 701 Western Avenue, Glendale, California 91201
• Telephone: (888) 881-9006